Supplying propane for temporary heating of buildings
- Firm level base for vapourizer and tank – for installations at construction sites, a firm, level base should be prepared. This entails the removal of any ice or snow down to the consolidated earth on which will be placed a suitable base of non-combustible material.
- Support of piping above grade- piping should be supported, elevated and protected. Where piping passes in front of a doorway, the pipe should change direction and go either over the doorway or beneath grade.
- Information to mechanical contractors- where mechanical trades are involved in running the piping, such piping will be down-stream of the vapourizer, and the propane distributor shall ensure that the correct valves and equipment are obtained and used by the trade involved.
- Lead test – proper lead testing is to be carried out. All distributors are to emphasize this and ensure that their fitters are conversant with lead testing methods and procedures.
- Keep main risers out of stairwells.
- Valving- ensure sufficient valving is provided on the gas supply system. Also ensure all valves are approved for propane.