- Always have propane in your tank so that you don’t run out. Propane doesn’t degrade over time like oil or diesel fuel.
- Monitor your tank levels from anywhere using SMART*Tank™ wireless sensors to keep track of how much propane is left in your tank.
- Request a delivery using mySUPERIOR™ when tank levels reach 30%, or sign up for our Auto Delivery plan for a worry-free experience that comes with our No-Run-Out-Guarantee†
- Do follow the instructions provided by your propane technician for maintaining and servicing your propane tank. Regular maintenance and servicing will keep your propane tank in good working order and help prevent any potential issues. For Ontario, the TSSA requires an inspection every 10 years, which verifies that all customer owned equipment attached to the propane system is working properly. Learn all about your propane tank inspections here.
- Do keep your tank area clear of snow and debris, avoid storing any sort of fuels near your propane tank, such as wood or gasoline. Make sure that your tank area is clear and accessible for refilling, servicing and in case of emergency.
- Don’t attempt to relocate your tank. Your Superior technician will place it on the safest spot within your property, making sure the tank placement meets safety regulations in your province.
- Do not service your propane tank yourself. It’s best to leave maintenance or repair of the propane tank to qualified professionals to prevent any malfunctions. However, it’s important to become familiar with the safety features of your propane tank in case you ever need to turn off the supply. Watch the video below to become familiar with your tank’s valves and safety features.
- Don’t use metal tools such as metal shovels to clear the snow around your tank. Use a broom brush or plastic tool instead to prevent breaking or damaging of gas lines and equipment which could cause a leak.
Propane Tank Safety and You
For your safety, please become familiar with the features on your propane tank or cylinder by watching this short video.
Contact Us to Make the Switch
Switching to Superior Propane is easier than you think. Contact us today and we’ll help you switch.