PREPARE FOR WINTER DELIVERY
For safe, on-time delivery, use this checklist to ensure propane safety in the event of heavy snowfall or icy conditions:
- Clear snow and ice from your driveway and keep a clear path to and around your tanks or cylinders for refills, emergencies and cylinder exchange.
- If you have a long or winding driveway, mark the path with stakes to help the driver stay safely on the prepared surface.
- Ensure your equipment is visible and that snow isn’t piled, plowed or blown on your tanks or cylinders, gas lines, regulators, appliance vents or cylinder cages.
- Use soft tools such as brooms or brushes to ensure no damage to the equipment, components or cages. DO NOT use power equipment.
- Regulators on both the tank and at the home or building should be clear of snow.
- Be aware of any piping that may be stressed due to heavy snow load.
- Use extra care near all copper lines.
- If your propane system includes a vaporizer, make sure the equipment is accessible and that it is clear of snow.
For more information, click here for winter delivery tips.
How We Exceed Safety Standards
Keeping your workplace, employees, and community safe is our top priority. Here is how we meet or exceed all propane regulations:
- We offer 24/7 emergency service.
- We are a national participant in ERAC (Emergency Response Assistance Canada), an organization that specializes in propane emergency preparedness and response.
- Our safety teams provide local management of Occupational Health and Safety, fleet management, and propane regulations and technical compliance from coast-to-coast.
- We have a comprehensive fleet inspection and maintenance program of all Superior Propane vehicles.
- We conduct an internal audit program and regular inspections of all Superior Propane facilities.
- Our Driver Trainers support driver onboarding, orientation and ongoing training.
- Our Licensed Service Technicians are trained to handle industrial propane related services, including propane tank inspections, propane cylinder safety, and more.