PREPARE FOR WINTER DELIVERY
For safe, on-time delivery, use this checklist to ensure propane safety in the event of heavy snowfall or icy conditions:
- Clear snow and ice from your driveway and keep a clear path to and around your tanks or cylinders for refills, emergencies and cylinder exchange.
- If you have a long or winding driveway, mark the path with stakes to help the driver stay safely on the prepared surface.
- Ensure your equipment is visible and that snow isn’t piled, plowed or blown on your tanks or cylinders, gas lines, regulators, appliance vents or cylinder cages.
- Use soft tools such as brooms or brushes to ensure no damage to the equipment, components or cages. DO NOT use power equipment.
- Regulators on both the tank and at the home or building should be clear of snow.
- Be aware of any piping that may be stressed due to heavy snow load.
- Use extra care near all copper lines.
- If your propane system includes a vaporizer, make sure the equipment is accessible and that it is clear of snow.
For more information, click here for winter delivery tips.