The Benefits of a Propane hot Water Heater
Take the guilt out of long showers with the efficiency of a propane water heater. Propane water heaters can offer the most efficient, cost-effective way to heat your water. More and more homeowners are discovering the benefits of using propane to heat their water over oil and electric models. Here are just some of the advantages propane water heaters offer:
1. Cost-effective: Propane heaters are energy efficient, saving you money over the long run. An Energy Star propane unit can save as much as 20% in annual energy costs compared to standard electric- and oil- powered water heaters+. Propane models can also last longer and require less maintenance, saving you money down the road.
2. Save Floor Space: Propane water heaters can help you save on valuable floor space while still providing an abundant supply of hot water. For example, a 40-gallon propane storage water heater can deliver the same amount of hot water as a larger 50-gallon electric unit+. Tankless units are even more compact saving you about 12 square feet of floor space.
3. A Greener Alternative: By reducing the amount of energy needed to heat the water and by lessening standby loss, propane water heaters are the green choice. Your heater will emit less carbon dioxide resulting in better indoor air quality and reduced environmental impact, especially if you currently heat your water with furnace oil. Not only is it great of the environment, but it saves you money.
4. Hassle-free Installation and Maintenance: Ready to start reaping the benefits of propane water heaters? Superior Propane’s Certified Partners will install your propane water heater for you, making it easy to get started. Once installed, our partners can help with regular care and maintenance, so your heater lasts for years to come.
ELECTRIC WATER HEATER
Compared to an electric water heater, a propane water heater can save as much as 20% in annual energy costs.
GAS WATER HEATER
Unlike gas water heaters, propane models can also last longer and require less maintenance, saving you money down the road.
Tankless vs. Storage Tank Propane Water Heaters
Whether you use a storage tank or want to go tankless, both propane water heating options use cutting edge technology to give you Energy Star qualified energy efficiency. Find out what options works for your home.
Propane-Powered Storage Tank Water Heaters
- Available in multiple sizes for different size families (40 gallon and 50 gallon are the most common)
- Smaller than electric tanks with the same output, freeing up more space
- Many are Energy Star qualified
- Power Vent, Direct Vent and Conventional options are available
- Reduce emissions compared to standard oil burning units and gas water heaters
- Propane water heaters are smaller than electric tanks with the same output, freeing up more space.
Propane-Powered Tankless Water Heaters
Perfect for larger families with higher hot water consumption, homes with soaker tubs, homes with limited space for a water heater, or new builds. Propane-Powered Tankless Water Heaters are more efficient than Storage Tank options and electric or gas water heaters, saving you money.
- Endless hot water, on demand
- Only heats water when it’s needed.
- Save up to 16 square feet of floor space
- More efficient than Storage Tank options, saving you money
- Most are Energy Star qualified
- Reduce emissions compared to standard oil units, and even compared to a typical propane storage tank model
Well Water can be Hard on Water Heaters
The Benefits of Switching to Propane
Propane storage tank water heaters deliver the same amount of hot water (or more) as electric and gas units and have less standby loss.
Authorized Partners you can trust
Only the Best for Our Customers:
We’ve formed partnerships with the most trusted Heating and Cooling installers across Canada. Our partners are selected, trained, and certified to deliver service to the highest standards. Between these Certified Partners and our expert in-house technicians, our team takes care of everything from installation to repair.
Contact Us to Switch to Propane
+Canadian Propane Association. Propane for Sustainable Living. Retrieved from https://propane.ca/for-consumers/. The cost of energy varies by region, provider, and customer. Your individual savings may vary.