Coronavirus (COVID-19) Outbreak Archive
Updated March 25, 2020
To our valued customers,
Superior Propane is committed to ensuring continued service and delivery to our customers while keeping the health and safety of our customers, employees, partners and communities at the forefront. Customers may experience longer wait times by phone as we prepare our staff and technology in the event of COVID-19 related work from home requirements or government mandate. The quickest way to schedule a delivery, check tank levels, make a payment or update your account is through mySUPERIORTM. Register for your account at mySUPERIOR.ca or download the mySUPERIORTM app on your mobile device. You can also submit an online inquiry or email us at customerservice@SuperiorPropane.com.
We are closely monitoring information about the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak from the World Health Organization, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Health Canada to ensure alignment of our protocols with best practices.
We continue to introduce new safety measures to help contain the spread of COVID-19:
- We have implemented risk mitigation practices within our organization, including curtailing all business travel, enhancing data and infrastructure resources to enable more work from home schedules where possible, and asking employees to self-report illness and work from home or self-isolate for a period of fourteen days. These employees will be required to provide medical documentation indicating that they have been cleared by their physician to return to work.
- For propane deliveries, we are asking our Drivers to respect the “social distancing” protocol (2 metres or 6 feet of separation at all times; more guidelines below) and so will avoid close contact with you while at your location.
- For our cylinder Drivers, we have established specific protocols to ensure the safe handling of cylinder exchange and fill services. We are asking cylinder customers to follow recommended handwashing practices, physical distancing protocols, regular cleaning of cylinders and cages, and the use of appropriate work gloves to eliminate any direct contact and reduce any risk of exposure to our employees.
- We are temporarily revising our service work protocols. We are continuing to provide critical and essential services to our customers to ensure the continuation of propane supply and immediate hazard or rental equipment repairs. All other work, particularly activities conducted indoors or in close contact with customers, will be suspended until further notice. Customers will be notified of any scheduled work that has been suspended.
- For critical and essential service appointments where our Technicians will be on site, we are taking proactive steps to pre-screen these customers prior to the service visit and again will be avoiding close contact when we are at your site. These measures will help protect you and our customer-facing workforce from potential exposure.
- Until further notice, we have closed our retail locations. Any commercial customers or contractors visiting our yard sites will undergo pre-screening before permitted entry. Only essential visits will be permitted and staff and visitors must adhere to our enhanced safety protocols including social distancing.
- If you are accustomed to signing for your deliveries, please note that until further notice, we will no longer be requesting signatures for your deliveries and/or service visits. This will eliminate the need for handheld devices to be passed back and forth. Instead, we will leave behind your bill or delivery ticket, which will serve as your invoice.
- Within our logistics and contact centres—the people who answer your calls and schedule deliveries—we are focused on supporting work from home schedules if needed based on the technology in our network. Please continue to call us at 1-87SUPERIOR (1-877-873-7467) for assistance. If you experience longer wait times, likely due to the higher demands on Canada’s networks, please consider managing your account online at mySUPERIORTM or through the app.
Superior Propane has extensive storage capacity in Canada with access to more than 20 million litres in underground caverns and 5 million litres in railcar storage. We have access to cross-border storage and distribution points to reliably deliver to customers even during critical events. Based on forecasted customer demands, warming temperatures and our inventory of full propane supply, we currently do not anticipate any issues with propane supply.
Superior Propane will continue to monitor the situation closely and carefully, and will actively follow the guidance and safety recommendations of the Public Health Agency of Canada. We will adjust our response plan accordingly and will let you know about any changes we make to our processes that will help increase your safety and the safety of our employees.
If you have any questions about any of the precautions we are taking, please reach out to me or your primary Superior contact for further discussion.
REMEMBER: Social distancing is extremely effective for reducing the spread of illness.
|Greet with a wave instead of a handshake, a kiss or a hug
Stay home as much as possible, including for meals and entertainment
Keep a distance of at least 2 arm’s length (approximately 2 metres/6 feet) from others, as much as possible
|Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your face
Cough or sneeze into the bend of your arm
Avoid touching surfaces people touch often
|The Public Health Agency of Canada has created a number of COVID-19 Awareness Resources. I encourage you to read them and share them with family members and colleagues.
Thank you and warmest regards,