Potential Propane Service Disruption
Why Choose Propane For Power Generation?
Whether your power generation needs are temporary or long-term, local or remote - Superior Propane offers expertise on custom designed power solutions that meet off-grid energy demands in even the most remote locations across Canada.
- Propane can reduce fuel costs by up to 40% compared to diesel.
- It reduces emissions by 15% and emits 98% less particulate matter than diesel.
- Propane vaporizes when released, eliminating the risk to water, ground or air.
- Propane burns cleaner, which means less wear and tear on equipment. That results in fewer service stops, less downtime, and lower maintenance costs.
- Historically, diesel is up to 40% more expensive than propane.
- Delivery costs to remote sites can be much higher than propane.
- Risk of environmentally damaging spills and fuel contamination from long-term storage.
- Diesel emissions are toxic because they contain particulate matter.
- CNG is a cost-effective fuel source, however the savings are offset by higher transportation and storage costs.
- Substantial infrastructure is required to compress and cool CNG.
- In its vapour state, CNG has less energy than propane.
Propane vs Diesel Calculator×
potentially save up to on your energy requirement
saving of Per
- This is exclusive of any carbon tax, which is more significant for diesel vs. propane.
- Emissions are lower when using propane vs. diesel.
Propane Power Generation Facts