Many areas of Canada experience heavy snow and ice that can build up make accessing propane tanks and equipment challenging or hazardous for our customers and delivery drivers. With the heavy snow in some areas Superior Propane wants to remind all customers how to safely clear their tank and ensure safe delivery.
- Clear a path to your tank/cylinders for safe, on-time delivery.
- Ensure snow isn’t piled, plowed or blown on tanks/cylinders, gas lines, regulators or appliance vents. The additional weight on this equipment may pose an immediate danger
- Remove any snow around your appliance vents so they remain clear and unobstructed at all times
- Take caution when shoveling snow from your roofs. If there are any propane tanks or cylinders, propane lines, regulators or appliance vents below the area being shoveled take care to protect them from falling snow
- Don’t use machinery within 4.5 metres (15 feet) of propane tanks, cylinders, gas lines, regulators or appliance vents while clearing snow
- Use extreme caution when removing snow from around tanks/cylinders, gas piping, regulators and appliance vents. Don’t use sharp tools or force. Carefully clear heavy snow until the tank and equipment are visible. Final clearing should be done with soft tools such as brooms or brushes to ensure no damage to the equipment and components.
If you have any questions, please call Superior Propane at 1-87SUPERIOR (1-877-873-7467).